This Playlist brings together seven courses on the UK Government. Ideal for those taking Edexcel A Level Politics (9PL0).
What this playlist includes:
34 lectures across 7 courses.
All resources designed and delivered by university academics and researchers.
Self-marking quizzes for all lectures, as well as an end-of-topic quiz.
Reading lists, essay questions and extension activities.
Courses and Lectures
1. The Constitution of the United Kingdom
Dr Matthew Cole
2. The Westminster Model and the Civil Service
Dr Patrick Diamond
3. Politics in Northern Ireland, 1921-Present
Dr Catherine McGlynn
3.1. Conflict in Northern Ireland, 1921-74 – 08:34
3.2. The Troubles, 1968-98 – 09:31
3.3. The Good Friday Agreement to the St Andrews Agr... – 10:31
3.4. Parties and the Collapse of Institutions – 11:07
4. Parliament in the United Kingdom
Dr Louise Thompson
5. The Party System in the United Kingdom
Prof. Paul Webb
6. The Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
Dr Richard Heffernan
6.1. Who Gets to be Prime Minister? – 03:43
6.2. What Does the Prime Minister Do? – 05:13
6.3. What is the Relationship Between the Prime Mini... – 06:46
6.4. How Powerful is the Prime Minister? – 05:29
6.5. Comparing the UK Prime Minister with the US Pre... – 05:22
6.6. How Does the Prime Minister Cease to be Prime M... – 05:03
7. The UK and the European Union
Dr Simon Usherwood