Content Developer - Economics and Business Studies
Location: Work from home, with occasional meetings in London
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000
Job Type:Full-time – Permanent
MASSOLIT is an educational platform hosting short video lectures delivered by leading academics, aimed at GCSE and A Level students. We have an excellent reputation for delivering high-quality resources to schools, with over 3,000 lectures covering the arts, humanities and social sciences.
We are looking for an innovative person to help us create brilliant new video content for the site, either within our existing subject collections, or within entirely new subjects.
The Content Developer will be joining a small team of passionate people, dedicated to providing exceptional teaching resources to schools around the world. This is a busy and varied role, with opportunities for progression and professional development.
Due to COVID-19, the successful candidate will work remotely but will be expected to travel to London at least once a month for team meetings, and to film academics on occasion. Therefore, they will need to have a suitable home-working environment and be comfortable with video conferencing and online communication.
Full job and product training will be provided.
Responsibilities will include:
- Designing and delivering online courses for GCSE, A Level and International Baccalaureate students in subject specialism
- Learning and keeping up to date with school curricula, in order to plan new relevant MASSOLIT courses
- Identifying, contacting and scheduling expert academics to contribute to the content of each new course
- Filming academics on location, and liaising with internal and freelance videographers to travel and film new content
- Creating graphics and animations to support student learning and enhance certain topics discussed in each lecture
- Editing footage to produce new finished MASSOLIT courses
- Working with the content team and CEO at MASSOLIT to incorporate student assessment and evaluation tools into new and existing courses
The ideal candidate is passionate about teaching and learning, and has a boundless enthusiasm for at least one academic subject. A keen eye for detail and a willingness to learn are also a must!
Don’t worry if you don’t have any filming/editing experience – we will teach you!
- University degree in a relevant subject
- Confident communicator that can converse with many different types of people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well organised and can work independently
- Teaching or tutoring experience
Nice to haves:
- Prior knowledge of the world of EdTech
- Some experience using Final Cut Pro, Illustrator, and/or Photoshop
- Clean driver’s licence and access to a car
Working for MASSOLIT means being part of a fun and supportive team, and comes with a variety of perks:
- Regular company events throughout the year
- Lavish Christmas Party
- Dynamic and engaging work experience
- Pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
How to Apply
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.