Mathematics & Physics Content Developer
Location: Office in South London (minimum 3 days per week)
Job Type:Full-time – Permanent
MASSOLIT is an educational platform hosting short video lectures delivered by leading academics, aimed at GCSE and A Level students. We have an excellent reputation for delivering high-quality resources to schools, with over 5,000 lectures covering the arts, humanities and sciences.
We are looking for an innovative person to help us create brilliant new content for the site within our existing subject collections of Physics and Mathematics. Please let us know your subject specialism in one or both of these fields.
The Content Developer will be joining a small team of passionate people, dedicated to providing exceptional teaching resources to schools around the world. This is a busy and varied role, with opportunities for progression and professional development.
The successful candidate will be expected to work in the London-based office a minimum of three days per week and has the flexibility to work remotely for the remaining days if desired. They will be expected to travel to film academics on occasion. For those working from home part-time, they will need to have a suitable home-working environment and be comfortable with video conferencing and online communication.
Full job and product training will be provided.
Responsibilities will include:
- Designing and delivering online courses for GCSE, A Level and International Baccalaureate students in subject specialism
- Learning and keeping up to date with school curricula, in order to plan new relevant MASSOLIT courses
- Identifying, contacting and scheduling expert academics to contribute to the content of each new course
- Filming academics on location, and liaising with internal and freelance videographers to travel and film new content
- Creating graphics and animations to support student learning and enhance certain topics discussed in each lecture
- Editing footage to produce new finished MASSOLIT courses
- Working with the content team and CEO at MASSOLIT to incorporate student assessment and evaluation tools into new and existing courses
The ideal candidate is passionate about teaching and learning, and has a boundless enthusiasm for at least one academic subject. A keen eye for detail and a willingness to learn are also a must!
Don’t worry if you don’t have any filming/editing experience – we will teach you!
- University degree in a relevant subject
- Confident communicator that can converse with many different types of people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well organised and can work independently
- Teaching or tutoring experience
Nice to haves:
- Prior knowledge of the world of EdTech
- Some experience using Final Cut Pro, Illustrator, and/or Photoshop
- Some experience using Latex and Overleaf
- Clean driver’s licence and access to a car
Working for MASSOLIT means being part of a fun and supportive team, and comes with a variety of perks:
- Regular company events throughout the year
- Christmas Party
- Dynamic and engaging work experience
- Flexibility of working from home or from the London-based office
- Pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
How to Apply
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.